Dave Frank is no longer on the Montrose City Council. He tendered his resignation Monday, explaining in a brief statement that “recent events have reinforced to me that it is in my best interests to resign from the City Council of Montrose, effective immediately.” On Tuesday morning, Frank elaborated, explaining that he feels the city council has devolved into a circus-like environment and one in which his attempts to steer things back on the rails were being ignored. “Recent meetings have shown that the influence that I have and that I’ve been trying to utilize is not being regarded well,” Frank told the Montrose Daily Press. The former city councilor illustrated his point with a story about a recent trip to Denver during which he mistakenly boarded the wrong train to get to the airport. On that venture, he explained, he waited too long to bail and get on the correct train, eventually finding himself at the end of the line and calling an Uber. He doesn’t want to take that track again. “The object lesson here is when you know you’re on the wrong train, get off,” Frank said. “Right now, I’m looking at the direction that we’re trying to head and I feel that is the wrong direction for Montrose and I’m getting off the train. I feel that our current city council is headed in a direction that is not in the best interest of the citizens of Montrose.” |
No comments:
Post a Comment